Thursday, October 27, 2005

God works in strange ways...

So lately I have been trying to read my Bible more...and I don't mean just read but not comprehend, but really, truly read and learn more about this awesome God we know so very little about....I figured the only way I could truly get to know God better is to read His word...

On Thursdays at church we started studying Jonah...well at first I thought...this is cake, I already studied Jonah two years ago, I already know it all....surprise surprise, that was so not true! I was floored by how many times you can read the same scripture throughout your life and always get something new out of it. Anyway, so I started getting curious about Amos (being that he was brought up as being around during Jonah's time) . So I picked up my flippin cool Bible (it has the Message and the NIV SIDE BY SIDE!!!) and man did God open my eyes to something so obvious yet that I was blind... Amos 5:14 in the Message says "Seek good and not evil - and live! You talk about God, the God-of-the-Angel-Armies, being your best friend. Well live like it, and maybe it will happen." Common sense would say, well duh! Live like it and it will happen...but for some reason my little brain just couldnt seem to grasp onto it until late one night two days ago...God is the only one I can TRULY trust...everyone is human and flawed, but God is the ultimate best friend, He will never let me down, only I am not LIVING like God is my best friend...I know what my next step finally is now...

No comments: