Saturday, October 29, 2005

Star Wars...

Lately I have been thinking a lot about Star Wars...laugh...I know...but as I have been re-watching the originals I keep seeing so many correlations between Star Wars and living my life for God. Sometimes we all get so caught up in the "stuff" of this world and God gets shoved to the wayside. The other way sometimes just seems so much easier. I hate to admit it, but at times I have to stop and remind myself why I am choosing to live my life differently than so many people. Then came Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and it hit me...Luke is asking Yoda about the dark side and his question is "Is the dark side stronger?" How often do we ask ourselves is the way of the world easier, more powerful and can God win against it...is living this way worth it? And Yoda's reply is simple (as all of Yoda's replies are) Yoda says "No, no no. Quicker, easier, more seductive" How often do we find ourselves being seduced by Satan to simply live un-Christ-like....but in the end, it is NOT the best way and it is not the more powerful way...in the end, God's way prevails even though the way of the "Dark Side" is oh so tempting....

Funny how God works even when you are watching random movies....

No comments: