Friday, July 28, 2006

Privileged...

Lately my main focus has been on my upcoming trip to India - as most of you who spend anytime in my presence or chatting with me are quite aware of! Last night though something changed in my heart....

While singing God of Justice last night at church, India changed in my heart. It is no longer about me going, and what I am going to do there, and what I am going to learn from them. I realized I am not worthy of this honor - to head across the world to Be Jesus. For some reason God chose me, along with 6 other women, to go be examples of Him. To love people as He loves them. To be imitators of Him. And I feel so unworthy. Then came the line sung that hit even harder than the ones before "Fill us up, and send us out" and tears started to fill my eyes - something has changed inside of me. Suddenly I realized - its Jesus thats traveling to India. I'm just the vessel. I am one of the privileged.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesus is using some amazing vessels, and that includes you! You're an amazing woman of God, and you're going to do some incredible things while you are over there. I can't wait to hear stories and see pictures! I'm so proud of you!