Friday, August 18, 2006

Hello from India!!!

Had a few minutes and wanted to write a quick post to let you know I am alive and well in India! Even though it has yet to be a full week of us being here, I feel as if I have been gone many weeks. We have done so much and seen so many things that it has gotten to the point of almost overwhelming. I must say I am emotionally exhausted and am looking forward to a little sightseeing and shopping today before we spend the night at another church planters home. Unfortunately our blog and uploading pictures is not so much an option right now. Issues with the laptop so we are using the computers at the YWCA. (Which is like a 4 star hotel to me now!!)

Everytime I talk to my mom on the phone I tear up...I miss my family and friends so much and I think being so disconnected makes it even worse! I was so excited to have internet access here!! It makes me feel closer to everyone!

My view on life and what is truly important has radically changed and I am amazed now at the things I have taken for granted - like a tall glass of ice water. Right now I want nothing more. The few times we have gotten cool water we have all shouted with excitement and gulped it down as fast as we could.

The people here are more hospitable than anything I have ever witnessed before. On our first day here I was really sick with stomach pain and stayed in bed most of the day - we were staying at a christian conference center where the Bible League staff were meeting. I had many people come by checking on me - bringing me food that was supposed to be "good for da stomach" (which by the way EVERYTHING appears to be here in India!) and at dinner when I came out everyone approached me, knowing who I was, asking if I was feeling healthy. Raj and his wife Prema went out and bought me white bread, jam and cake to eat instead of the spicy indian food. He even came up and pointed out which indian things NOT to eat. These people truly love each other and "their neighbors" as God intended. I have learned so much from them and yet feel so unworthy.

I miss you all so much - I have pictures with me I keep looking at and smiling...can't wait to show you all my pictures and share my experiences and interesting stories!

(Oh and Stephen, I will never again give you a hard time about your driving. You would even freak out to be traffic here...)

Love you all!! And please continue to pray!

Rockin' India!!
Jeanna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so amazing to read up on how you're doing!! You're in my prayers and I can't wait to see you in two weeks!! Love you friend...

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sounds like you're having a great time! I can't wait to hear stories and see pictures! I'm so proud of you! Love you!