Monday, July 30, 2007

Fear and Pain

We all experience them - sometimes together, sometimes apart, but always sometime.

Yes, I know what the Bible says about both. But it doesn't always make it easier when you are going through it.

Right now I am experiencing both. And my fear is getting stronger as the clock ticks by.

Tomorrow morning I have to go get two moles removed and a third scraped - all to be biopsied. While the doctor doesn't think they are melanoma, the fear and doubt is still ever lingering in the back of my mind. "What if the one that would be the hardest to treat is melanoma? What will that look like? How bad will it really be? How am I going to get through it?"

To an outside person the answers probably seem simple - but when you are in the situation, it is not. Fear is a very real thing. And I am scared.

I often wonder how people who don't know God are able to deal with fear-laced situations. I would be a basket-case without Him.

No comments: