Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A loss

My heart hurts.

Yesterday I got some devastating news. One of the people who played such a major role in my journey at GCC passed away unexpectedly. One Sunday after only attending GCC for a short time, Jessica and I were seated waiting for the service to begin. An adorable gray-haired lady walked up and asked with a huge smile on her face if she could sit by us. That was the first time I ever met Bev Miller almost 3 years ago. We thought it was great that we had the same last name and she said she had a niece named Jeanna (tho spelled differently) and that she would never forget my name. She never did either.

In 2004 I decided to get baptized with hundreds of other people. My mom had asked if it was okay if she didnt attend since she was at my first baptism as a baby. I didn't mind - I was making this choice, and it was between me and God. When I arrived at the registration table at the baptism, there stood Bev and Jim Miller. As Bev signed me in she asked if my family was there, I said no but I was okay with that. Bev then said she was going to be my mom for my baptism and would be in the hug zone waiting for me. As I came out of the water, there she was with a huge smile on her face and an enormous hug for a little lady. Ever since that day she thought of me as family. She believed in me. She supported me. She loved me.


Bev loved and loved well. She loved as all Christians should love.


There is now a void in my life. My heart hurts for one more day with her, one more conversation, one more hug, one more smile.

1 comment:

Sarah B said...

ok 1st smile button =O ) haha, i can hear you laughing...and 2nd i love you very very much...and 3rd i am praying for you and for Bev's family...God will help you through this time through your earthly friends He has blessed you with...that is why we are here to lift each other up when we are down...I will be there with you and Jessicaon Friday and we cry and celebrater her life...luv u =)