Friday, February 03, 2006

Loud and Clear

Last night GCC hit the new hot topic of Blogs...I love blogging - its not only a way to keep in contact with the ongoings of people's lives, its a reflection tool for me (and at times a venting tool as well...) While I definitely was reminded of the importance of journaling, which I have slacked some with lately, something else hit me harder - Something I have been struggling with but not wanting to face up to - Something we all often end up slaves to - busyness. My life lately has been the busiest it has ever been with the exception of my student teaching months. I feel like I am running and I can't stop or I will spin out of control. Work has been extremely stressful lately with tons of new information constantly thrown at me to learn, remember and apply. Life at work is moving a hundred miles and hour with an end really far off in the distance. I have been trying to take time to recharge and it never lasts me long.

Then last night one of the first things Rob talked about was space. The importance of space. 3 things Rob said really hit home and made me realize I need to hit the brakes - before I fly right by God...Here's what Rob had to say

- When you overfill your life, its no longer fulfilling. (Its like a twinkee, if you squeeze in too much filling, its gonna pop)
- Recommit yourself to space.
- Without space there's no rhythm. (Music without rests and space sounds really bad!)

So God, I'm going to re-schedule my life. There will be time for rest and there will be time for you. I hear you God - loud and clear.

No comments: