Thursday, February 23, 2006

Weird Things Are Happening At The Library...

Since this is my 100th post (!!!!) I have decided I need to once again blog about the crazy things that occur at the library... In no particular order....

Yesterday I encountered a man using the internet with a very, shall we say, interesting haircut...it was a mohawk mullet - I like to call it a combo deal.

A man reeking of alcohol had the nerve to call me unhelpful and rude when I wasn't able to fix a spelling on a website and then required him to pay for the color copy he just had to have...

Jessica had a crazy old man in love with her - little did we know how bad it was until after she moved to Illinois. He came in asking about her since he hadn't seen her car lately!

I had an old, black woman hit on me a few weeks ago - talk about the heebeegeebees...

A few months back there was a guy who was talking to the voices in his head and the police had to be called.

Over Christmas break I had to tell a man he was not allowed to ever use the computers again, which he already knew, and he started yelling and leaning over the desk at me! Thank goodness for the desk!

Multiple people I work with have had chairs thrown at them when a patron got angry.

Last year someone I work with was helping this crazy lady and a cockroach crawled off of her and scurried across our desk! Talk about creepy!

Many of us have had creepy guys staring at us through the windows and while we are working at the desk - heebeegeebees again!

One morning Patty was pulling into our parking lot and in between the bushes was a man relieving himself - apparently he was as frightened to be caught as she was to see him!

I could go on for hours...and I am sure there are even better ones I just have blocked outta my mind!

For those of you interested, go here and here for some library humor....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I never really realized that the library (of all places) was that crazy!! You have some amazing patience and people skills if you're able to deal with all that this long! You're a stronger woman than I'll ever be..... :) Talk to you soon hon!

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness! That's just craziness! Good stories though! Haha, see you later!