Monday, February 27, 2006

Sometimes I think I'm a blonde...

This morning I was in a hurry while getting ready...I was multitasking - which is normally a great thing for me...Not so this morning. As I am curling my hair, the curling iron slipped. Yes slipped. Right onto my shoulder/neck area (you know the spot where its not quite your shoulder but its not really your neck anymore either). Of course it didnt hit where my shirt was covering. It hit the small amount of skin exposed. I immediately put an ice pack on it, hoping to minimize the damage, but I had to leave for work a few minutes later. Only to start the drive and feel immense pain and discomfort coming from under my coat. I searched my car and A-HA! found a bottle of water left overnight in my car which I immediately placed on the burn - aaahhh comfort. I then realized how dorky I looked driving down the road holding a water bottle to my neck inside my coat! But at this point, comfort took precedence over vanity. I now have a nice two inch burn, thankfully, NOT on my neck. I could not imagine having to try to explain THAT one to everyone! It's definitely a Monday...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man you could have had a really funny story if it was on your neck though! Think of all the laughs we could have! Haha! I hope it heals quickly! See ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your burn....Ouch! Be thankful it's not on your neck....I once had one on my neck and everyone thought it was a hickey...thankfully, they quickly realized it was me they were talking to and there was no way on earth I would have had a date, so therefore, no hickey! :) Love you and miss you! (see you in less than a month!)