Thursday, March 02, 2006

TODAY...


Today would be Dr. Seuss' 102nd birthday if he was still with us - I know, some of you are not nearly as excited as I am that it is Dr. Seuss' birthday, but oh well, I'm posting about it anyway! I have to say I LOVE Dr. Seuss. His books are classics that will withstand the test of time, and already have. He had a gift for writing unlike any other writer. After he passed away, there was a book left unfinishted. Another writer tried to finish it writing as Dr. Seuss. It is just not the same. It is obviously not an original Dr. Seuss book.

While I love so many of the Dr. Seuss books, none quite match up to Green Eggs and Ham and The Lorax. It's amazing how much a Dr. Seuss book can pertain to every day life. Green Eggs and Ham really makes me think about faith and my relationship with God. How many times has God asked me to try something - something He knows is good, something He knows I will like, and yet I don't. Just like Sam says in Green Eggs and Ham "Try Them Try Them" God is constantly asking me to trust Him, and sometimes I find myself resisting something new. Something different. Something "green".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly,one of the very first books, if not the first, was Hop on Pop! But I think my fav. is the Sleep Book!