Tuesday, March 14, 2006

crazy, but maybe good...

Today had to have been the most insane day I have had in a long long long time. Given it was a full moon which always puts us library people on guard, but I had no idea of what the day would hold when I walked in our building this morning - otherwise I would have kept on walking....

I must say first that this weekend's storms took out our router at the main library - leaving us gasping for straws and finding a temporary fix. The temporary fix left other problems to be dealt with for most of the day. I only got half of my lunch hour because I had to take a call from our tech guy to talk through fixing some of this craziness!! Just when I thought the worst was dealt with, I WAS WRONG! Our branch that I also happen to work at calls...the construction guys working on replacing some pipes under our driveway for our new heating and cooling tower cut into our Cable line - which runs our internet and everyone of our service desks. They were left with one computer that happened to be on the old, slow line, that today saved our tushes! Long story short, after many many many phone calls, turns out when they tried to splice the cable line, they did a bad job and missed two other places it was cut through as well! Comcast had to be called in to remedy the situation! UG! So tomorrow I have to head to work earlier than scheduled to meet the computer guy. No worries though, my boss is making sure I get time off Thursday for the time missed for lunch and heading in early tomorrow.

I have to admit though there is a major plus to how busy I was today - I didn't have time to be sad. One of my friends was killed almost 5 years ago and today would have been his birthday. While every year it gets a little easier, I always end up kinda sad and down in the dumps. Today though I didnt have time to dwell on it. I had a job to do and I did it. I can't help but wonder if this kind of day is what I needed to help me to cope. Even now, with quiet all around me, I'm okay. I miss him and his hugs, but really, truly am okay. I feel like God has finally healed my heart and helped me to forgive the person I blamed for his death. Crazy how an insane day can sometimes bring about a peaceful end...

No comments: