Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Wonderful Day

I have been tithing at my church for years now, only I would often pay my tithe last. And as much as I hate to admit it, sometimes I did not particularly like giving up the money I could use for other things. Just recently I have been tithing first and actually been wanting to give more. I'm finally starting to catch up on my building fund pledge and really enjoying that also. It didn't occur to me until this morning how God would bless me for this.

I received a phone call at work from my credit card company (never a good sign) so of course I thought, OH GREAT! The pit of my stomach dropped and I came close to freaking. I had pre-arranged payments that ended last month and it just occured to me that I needed to call and get set up again. So as this lady is talking to me she said she wanted to set up payments again and that there had been a mistake before ('nother bad sign in my book) only then she says she noticed whoever processed my arranged payments last time made a mistake! And that the interest rate was supposed to be lowered and all the extra charges weren't supposed to be there either, and that my account was going to be CREDITED all the way back to August!! I think I went into a state of shock!

Then I was talking to my boss on the phone who asked if I wanted to use her parking pass (which is not cheap) so I can park closer to the downtown library when I work there since she can't use it right now!!

So my day is going great and then it just gets better! Naomi walked in! It was so great to get to see her and chat for a few minutes. And she went and got me a Starbucks Cafe Mocha! What a sweetie!!! I absolutely love it when people stop in my work and surprise me and it doesnt happen very often anymore. Stephen used to as he was driving by for the Silverhawks, which has stopped. And Jonathan used to as well, and, well, that can't happen since it would be a loooooong way to stop in from California! (Although Jon that would be a freakin awesome surprise!)

Its amazing how when you least expect it, amazing things happen in your life. God has really blessed me today!

4 comments:

Jen said...

wow what a great day!!
When I was little my mom started this jornal called the "I Spy" book. In it, she would write all the wonderful times she, or other members of our family would "spy" God doing extra-ordinary things in our lives (aka blessings).. you know, stuff that just HAD to be a "God thing". Now that I am older I have started a little journal of my own. It amazes me every time I look back and see how much God has been there for me over the years. I think I might have forgotten many of the times if I had not have written them down-- what being the forgetful humnan I am.

Also, doesn't it ROCK when God gives back to us what we gave Him? Yeah, it's hard to tithe sometimes... but really, when it comes down to it it's not really about the money at all, but more a how much do we trust our heavenly father? Cause you KNOW he doesn't need the money ;) I actually thinks He finds great pleasure in giving it back to us in His own special ways... especially when we least expect it... just like any loving parent that likes to suprise their children. I'm glad you are learning to trust more in God's provision... I know that is something I am learning daily as well.

Happy Wednesday my friend! Hope to see ya soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're having a happy day!!! Talk to you soon hon...

Sarah B said...

haha jeannau are too cute!!! yay for you!

Jonathan Anderstrom said...

Awesome story!