Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Marvelous Light...

These last few weeks have been completely amazing! I can't go into all the details since my time is limited right now, but I just had to post about the amazing things God has been doing in my life!

I have never before had my heart strings tug like they have been lately. I can honestly say that for once in my life I gave complete control over to God...and I have never been happier! Amazing opportunities have been popping up in front of me, opportunities I never realized I wanted to be a part of before, opportunities I never would have been open to before!

Last year at the Leadership Summit Bill Hybels talked about finding your Holy Discontent. Over the past year I have tried to make things into my holy discontent. I have tried over and over and over to analyze what my Holy Discontent was - what fired me up inside - where my passion lies - who or what will I give me all for. Only when I gave control over to God did I realize how long He has been trying to speak to me - how obvious then my Holy Discontent hit me!

I always envisioned my spiritual journey as a nice walk in the woods, on a path headed in towards God. But right now it is different...I am running full speed ahead towards the Marvelous Light God is shining my way - and for once, I am not afraid. I'm running towards something and I wouldn't have it any other way! Kinda reminds me of the song Marvelous Light by Charlie Hall (which has a whole 'nother story behind it for me...) so I am posting the lyrics on here as well...

I once was fatherless,
a stranger with no hope;
Your kindness wakened me,
Awakened me, from my sleep

Your love it beckons deeply,
a call to come and die.
By grace now I will come
And take this life, take your life.

Sin has lost it's power,
death has lost it's sting.
From the grave you've risen
VICTORIOUSLY!

Chorus

Into marvelous light I'm running,
Out of darkness, out of shame.
By the cross you are the truth,
You are the life, you are the way

My dead heart now is beating,
My deepest stains now clean.
Your breath fills up my lungs.
Now I'm free. now I'm free!

Lift my hands and spin around,
See the light that I have found.
Oh the marvelous light
Marvelous light

No comments: