Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Changes....

Over the last few weeks God has been doing amazing things in my life. Once He finally got my attention (sometimes its hard to believe I ignored His voice for so long) boy did He have a lot to say to me...starting with...

My ministry - I have stepped down from my leadership role in Son City Kids. I am not wired up for this kind of leadership role. While I love the kids we serve, my holy discontent is not Son City Kids. It has taken me months to be able to admit this - I wanted SCK to be my holy discontent. I wanted it to be what fires me up. Kinda funny how sometimes the things we want blind us to God's will.

My holy discontent - My eye-opening came about through a New Community service on Salt and Light. At one point in the service Rob said there were two things God was trying to tell us - "I believe in you" and "You matter" While these are awesome phrases in and of themselves, they held even deeper meaning in my life. When I went into teaching, the two things I wanted to build into kids was that someone believes in them and that they matter. It was with these phrases that God finally got my attention. It also fired me up. I realized that I don't just want to build into kids - I want to build into people everywhere! My holy discontent was suddenly blatantly obvious - people who don't realize they matter or that someone believes in them. A few months ago an amazing woman who had "adopted" me as her own passed away. When she died I kept thinking how well she lived her life. How there was no doubt in my mind that God had told her "Well done, good and faithful servant" when she made it to see Him. I knew there was something special about her - something about the way she lived her life that I wanted - and this last weekend it hit me...she built these two things into the lives of everyone around her. She was my example - perhaps God placed her in my life to show me how to love well, how to build into people.

Breaking out of my comfort zone - Soon after that New Community service, I was approached by a couple of ladies who work at the church about going on the next mission trip to India. At first my reaction was the same it had been for years - "Maybe someday, a few years down the road, but not right now" Only this time, I couldn't get it out of my head. This trip is different - a group of women from GCC will be traveling to Tamil Nadu to build up women church planters in India. Women are not viewed in high regard in India and the have the chance to build up and into women in a country that so desperately needs God - my heart wouldn't let me be. I knew I needed to do this. I have applied for the trip and hopefully will be hearing soon if I will be traveling to the other side of the world. Everytime I think about India or hear about India or talk about India, my heart fills. I know this is what God wants me to do - this is my next step - and its a doozie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me so happy to hear what's going on in your life and in your heart! I love you friend and I'm SOOOOO proud of you! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! You're amazing!!

Beaner said...

Hi! I found you through Google - I was actually looking to see if one of my blogs showed up because my name is Jeanna too! Do you pronounce it Gina too? Anyway, I am also a Christian & just wanted to say "hi" to my fellow Jeanna & "Have a nice day!"