Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Bad Phone Call

I had a really bad phone call this morning. Normally I check my voicemail throughout the morning and afternoon, but today I didnt and wish I had. I had messages from my aunt and uncle (both from Arizona) trying to get ahold of my mom, not knowing her work number. I actually had a voicemail on my work phone as well but hadn't checked it yet. My grandma in Rochester is diabetic and has been having some problems lately. I guess this morning my cousin tried calling her repeatedly and she never answered. She couldnt get their herself due to the weather, so she called my great aunt who leaves near by. She went over and found my grandmother in a diabetic coma. The EMTs came and got her stabilized and the doctor said she was close to dying. She now needs 3 weeks of constant supervision and my grandmother will not go in a nursing home. My aunt in AZ who doesnt work is trying to get here (she is checking with the doctor to see if that is enough of the constant care she needs) but due to the weather the Indianapolis airport is closed. Shes with my great aunt now but unfortunately she can't care for her for more than a day or two. I have offered to go down being that I am the only family member with vacation time coming. I may be headed down there tomorrow if the weather clears (No worries, I am not going to try to kill myself driving in this insanely bad weather) Please just pray for my family. My grandma is stubborn as all get out and I know this is not going to be an easy time. My family is all really concerned as well. (And as you might have guessed, I am not handling this very well - she is the only grandparent I have left...)


Thank you so much for your prayers...

No comments: