Thursday, April 12, 2007

I love vacations - even mini ones!

I have had a day and a half of laughter and bliss! For those of you unaware, Tara and I are in the wonderful little town of Chicago! I can hear the trains running just on the other side of the hotel as I type. Took a little while to get used to, but apparently it didnt bother me too much because I slept right through them last night. Completely different then home, thats for sure :)
Sorry...lost track of my thoughts for a second...back to the task at hand...blogging...yes blogging. Have you ever had those times when you have been so stressed, and are aware of it, but don't realize the extent of it until you are finally able to wind down and relax? That is where I am at right now. Today I didn't do my hair or make up at all - and it was amazingly freeing!


Today was filled with reading (an absolutely AMAZING book that will be blogged about after I finish it - which will most likely be tonight or tomorrow), napping, watching the news (the Chicago Fox News here that I watched this morning is hilarious! I absolutely loved it and am looking forward to tomorrow morning), working out and just chilling. Tomorrow will include much the same but a trip to the pool shall be included as well :) This has been the recharge I have so desperately needed!


Yesterday included a hilarious road trip - including getting slightly lost more than once and TONS of laughter over all kinds of really dumb things! And the highlight of the day was the trip to IKEA! Being that Tara and I were IKEA virgins, it was so much fun to explore and freak out together! I am completely in love with that store and desperately want one to come to the Michiana area!


Thanks to those of you who texted and called today! I hate feeling disconnected from my loved ones, so it was great to get to chat!


Sorry for the randomness but my brain is happy to be on vacation and I am currently also watching one of my new favorite movies, The Holiday, and chatting with Tara so I am going to end this little piece of rambling - if it doesnt make much sense, read it again while multitasking and maybe it will :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh man I love this post! (And yes, I think it helps to be multitasking while reading it!) I'm so glad that you have experienced IKEA finally! Yes, it is amazing! Yes, we need one closer to home...although, maybe its a good thing its not so close to home...think of the money that would be spent! Eek! Okay, well I think I should have stopped long ago, but oh well! Love you!