Thursday, April 26, 2007

It's a heart thing

For the last two weeks I have been meaning to blog about the "whoa", the "wow" the "a-ha" and the "holy geez" moments in my life. As I have just not had the words lately, more and more moments have been compounding - let's just say God has been doing some amazing things in my life and my heart lately.

To go into detail would take way too much of your precious time to read, so instead I am going to do a brief overview...

Over my mini-vacation to Chicago I read a book that is now on my to-buy and highlight list (working at a library allows me the luxury to read the book before purchasing) as it has completely smacked me over the head and left me thinking for weeks now. The irony of this book is that I picked it up not knowing it was a "Christian" book - I assumed it was a "secular" (for lack of a better word) book of opinions on love, sex and dating and I was curious to see what this author had to say about it. If I had known it was a "christian" book with christ-centered ideas I don't know that I would have necessarily picked it up. I wasn't in the mood for "deep". Funny how God had a completely different set of ideas in mind. And thanks to the Big Guy upstairs for outsmarting me again - He knew what I needed more than I did. Shouldn't really surprise me though... for those of you dying to know, its called Undressed: The Naked Truth about Love, Sex, and Dating by Jason Illian. Highly recommend it!

GCC is currently in the Sound Vows series, all about marriage. Amazingly I am learning a lot for not being married :) So many of the things I've heard have changed ME and MY way of thinking, which influences the relationships I am in and my future marriage. Ironically the service I heard the day after I finished Undressed, reiterated some of the very things I had been challenged by reading the book. Which lead me to look up to the sky and utter the words that I know made Abba's day - Got it God. Point taken.

New Community is all about Grace lately - and that too has brought me to many new crossroads and given me some closure on my past. Funny how you can think you have dealt with all your baggage, only to have new baggage resurface that you had hidden so deep inside of you it is like it never existed. There's always baggage to deal with. You just have to keep dealing with it instead of holding on to it tighter.

Then today I was skimming through Corey's blog, as I so often do to get a glimpse of what new movies or books to check out, what strange tidbit he has found on the internet, or what deep thought he has for the day. And I read a posting dedicated to another person's blog, about someone they know. And even though I don't know these people, it hit home. It's all about a man devoted to his calling to God and the woman who supports him - the type of woman I am trying to become and the wife I hope to be someday. It also reminds me of the type of relationship I want and the type of man I want to marry. Read it here, but beware, it'll hit you where it counts the most and the tears might possibly well if not flow. I know it did with me...

No comments: