Wednesday, August 29, 2007

In Awe

God has been doing some crazy things in my life lately. Crazy as in good. I'm seeing and understanding things on a completely different level that I hardly knew existed. And I am in total awe.

Yes I have been right here as a direct witness to it, but it still leaves me baffled. What a powerful and loving God! I am seeing a larger glimpse of how mighty and merciful and loving He truly is. And yet still that is all that it is...a glimpse.

Then tonight driving home I was praying intently (no worries I was still focused enough on my driving!) when I glanced up and saw the moon in all its glory. It was huge and bright and beautiful. The clouds were moving slowly in front of it but yet it still showed through. And then I noticed a second set of clouds that were much farther away from us but seemed very close to the moon. Not really moving, seemingly stagnant. It hit me how powerful God truly is. He created all of this - and He was brilliant enough to even come up with different levels of clouds! How complex and awe-some it seemed to me.

Which turned my prayers into praise and humble adoration. It's hard to fathom that a God that big and that powerful could possibly care about every human being on the planet. That He could possibly care enough about each and every person to fight for them. Even when we are like the clouds - seemingly stagnant.

I am truly in awe of His love for me. And even when I don't deserve it, He willingly gives it. And yet at some times in my life I push Him away, I ignore Him, I refuse to do as He requests. I have even chosen to take my trust in Him away. And yet, after all that I have done to Him, He's still there. Watching out for me, protecting me, loving me. Who could ask for a better gift.

No comments: