Saturday, August 11, 2007

Looking Out for Number One

I don't spend a lot of time watching tv. And when I do it is select few favorites.

To be perfectly honest, I tune in mainly to veg. I don't ever go into it expecting to get hit hard with some deep thought that changes my life. I guess that's why a few weeks ago I was floored by an idea brought about in a fictional tv show.

Have you ever thought about...

That what may be the easiest for you, often ends up deeply hurting the ones you love?
That the pain you inflict will in turn hurt your relationships? Hurt you?

When we are in self-preservation mode we don't often think about how our choices are effecting the people we love the most. We tend to forget that just because it is easier on ourselves, doesn't mean that it isn't hurting others around us.

I've been on both sides. I have hurt relationships because I was too concerned on taking the easy way out. And I have been hurt deeply been someone looking out for themselves first. It always takes it's toll on the relationship.

In the end, is it worth it?

No comments: