Monday, December 24, 2007

Dampers the Mood...

After putting in a few hours at work this morning, I made the commitment to head to the gym. Now before you go giving me props for working out on Christmas Eve, I must tell you I really had no choice. I just purged my "bigger" clothes. And given the wonderful goodies (and junk) I've been consuming the last few days, okay maybe weeks, there was no option. Yesterday I slept in and didn't go, tomorrow probably won't happen, that left today. Needless to say, my heart wasn't exactly into it - didn't want to be there - almost kept driving - heard that annoying little voice in my head "Do you really want your butt to get bigger?"

So I hit the treadmill. About halfway through my workout as I am perspiring greatly, wishing I would have gone home and taken a nap instead of going to the gym, I notice it. The new person next to me has an interesting aroma and it just hit my nose. And I wanted to say "forget it" to my workout and get the heck outta dodge. Let me just say, this was not a "normal" gym smell. There are certain smells you expect at a gym - sweat, disinfectant, powerade - but this was not. It was the smell of old garlic permeating someone so deep that their pores exude it. Mix that with the normal gym smells and it's a lethal combination.

I think I deserve a reward for finishing my workout and not vomiting all over the machine.

1 comment:

Lori Casto said...

hey girl, finishing your work out and feeling good about your accomplishment is your reward. keep up the great work my friend. I look forward to the new year and our morning workouts.
oh and I promise to shower before my workout.
what a funny post.