Tuesday, November 08, 2005

God is good??? Yeah, He really is!

So last night I actually asked myself the question...is God really good? I mean, if he was, would I be going through such turmoil...and why put my family through all this...then I stopped and realized, dang, God is good! God had just performed a miracle in my life and I was questioning Him!?! It really is true that you grow in and through problems, and crisis' and hard times...Anyway...here is excerpts from the email I sent out early explaining the ongoings of the "turmoil"...

Sunday was my sisters birthday and when we got home from out of town there was a message on our machine from my stepmom letting us know that my dad had been helping someone and knelt down in some shrubbery and was bitten by fire ants. She said they were at the hospital and my dad was fine but they wanted to keep him overnight and that he would call my sister when he was assigned to a room. She said again that he was okay. My dad called later that night and talked with my sister for only a few minutes. We all just assumed that was the end of the story...

Last night he called our house and told my mom (I was at work and my sister was at a meeting) that he needed to fess up and tell us what else went on. My dad almost died Sunday. We already knew that my dad is allergic to fire ants, but apparently he was bitten by hundreds of them. After he got bit, he went home and took some benadryl and thought he was going to be okay. He started to get dizzy so my stepmom took him to the hospital. On the way, he blacked out and either in the car or once at the hospital he went into convulsions (I am not for sure of where exactly this happened). My stepmom called 911 and they told her she could pull over and an ambulance would meet her...she refused to stop and drove 90 mph to the nearest hospital. When they got to the hospital they had to give my dad a drug (I think it was called epinephrine, but I am not sure of if that is how it is pronounced or spelled). The amount of the drug needed to stop his allergic reaction should have killed him. My dad thought he was dying and started making peace with God and even told God he was ready if it was his time (my dad was a Christian already). I guess God knew there was more still for my dad to accomplish here on earth. My dad has always had a surprisingly strong heart for a 56 year old overweight man who has some family history of heart problems! When he had called Sunday night he didnt want to tell us all that he had been through because he did not know yet if the drug had caused heart, kidney or brain damage.

Yesterday they tested my dad, and he is completely fine! He had no damage at all to his brain, heart or kidneys! He asked his doctor (who is a friend from church) if the doctor thought my dad was going to die on Sunday, and he said he had. I have never seen such a miracle so close in my life!! Against all odds, everything fell together and my dad is alive and fine today! He is actually going back to work part-time today!

So many factors could have led to his death, but everything happened to keep him here on this earth...the fact that he took benadryl might saved his life...the fact that my stepmom never stopped driving...the fact that the nearest hospital which was not my parents favorite, happened to have the best trauma center in the area...the fact that the medicine to save his life could have killed him...the fact that he knew he was dying and God saved his life!!!

My dad is an amazing man who has a heart for helping people...he has a gift of helping hurting young men and helping them get their lives in order, and I believe that there are many more young men out there in need of my dad...and God plans on using him for a while longer!

Even though it still sometimes upsets me to think about that I almost lost my daddy, I can see the bigger more amazing picture that God gave us a miracle! It motivates me to really re-evaluate my life and see if I am really living my life with my all for God.

No comments: