Thursday, November 24, 2005

Things to be thankful for...

With today being thanksgiving and all (well, barely still Thanksgiving, but technically speaking, it is) I decided it would be well worth my time to write down my thoughts of what all I am thankful for (cliche I know, but tough, read it anyway) :)

- First and foremost, for the health of my dad...he is still don't completely okay (he now has a staph infection from all the open wounds of the fire ant bites, but he is on strong medication and is recovering fine - especially if his spunky-ness is any clue...)
- For the love of my family - they have loved me through good times and bad and still claim me as their own
- My nephew and the time I have been able to spend with him over this holiday...so many cute stories I will be sharing later
- For time...time to spend with my family and friends, time to live my life, time to better myself, time to get closer to God
- For my completely awesome friends! If you would have asked me a few years ago if I ever thought friends like this existed, I would have adamately said no...now I can't imagine living without the love, support and insane craziness of them all!
- For being employed with a pretty good job...granted I do complain sometimes because I get the shaft and I don't make much, but I am good at my job, I like it most of the time, and a lot of the people I work with are like family
- For some freakin awesome food I got to eat today!
- That I am in Zionsville, aka Indy, and not in Mishawaka to drive through the nasty snow...I will just get to play in it when I get home :)
- For the fact that I am alive and still get to see snow
- For the freedom I have in this country to complain about snow, and my employer, and politicians but most importantly the freedom I have to serve my God without the fear of death
- For the men and women who have served in the military, who are serving in the military and who will serve in the military in the future that give me that freedom
- For my health - I have no major health problems and I am fully functioning - woohoo!!

I am just rambling now - I am tired, and yet am not in bed, even though I have to get up before 6 to go shopping...yes I am getting up early to shop!

(side note - pictures of my family to soon to come...)

No comments: