Monday, October 29, 2007

Alone

I have some amazing people in my life. People that I know I can turn to that will support me when life gets tough and celebrate with me when life is good. Sometimes though I find myself trying to do it all on my own.

The last few weeks have been tough. I've found myself going round and round with God - questioning decisions I've made, struggling for answers, desperate for guidance.

And I've been trying to do it all on my own.

I knew I needed to let someone in on my struggles, but for some reason I couldn't. Many times I picked up the phone to share it with someone, sometimes even getting them on the phone, only to talk about "fluff" instead. I process better when I talk with someone - to get my thoughts out. But I wasn't.

Yesterday while chatting with one of my closest friends, I opened the door ever so slightly. And she could tell I needed to talk. She more or less yanked the door open and made herself right at home.

And it was exactly what I needed.


Saturday U2's song, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, came on my ipod. Out of 1500 songs, it was one of the first ones while on random. I know God has been trying to tell me something. It just took me a while to listen.

No comments: