Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Thoughts while baking...

• I am so blessed to have a mom that was patient enough to let me help bake as a young child. I can’t remember a time I didn’t know how to bake and through the years I have grown to love baking.

• I am so blessed to have a dad that was patient enough to teach me how to use tools, how to paint and basic common sense in a construction environment. How easy it would have been, as well as faster, to have done it all himself. But he took the time to instill those things where they have stayed through the years.

• I hope when I have kids I never lose perspective on what is important. I like to find the most efficient way possible to get something done, and I hope I will remember to take the extra time to build those memories with my children.

• I’ve been doing a lot of processing and thinking lately. Mostly about “big” life issues. God’s been doing some work in me.

• Some of that thinking has been on the topic of “fear”. I feel like as soon as I deal with one fear, and have it somewhat under control, another fear gets presented to me. I guess when you avoid or run from the things that frighten you the most to deal with, they always come back around. Those are the times I get walloped over the head with them. So much so that I can’t avoid them.

• I wonder if I will ever learn to just deal with my fears from the get-go.

• I have some amazing people in my life. Last week when I was tired and exhausted all I had to look around and see people around me holding me up, supporting me and encouraging me. It meant more than words could ever express.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been dealing with fear myself a lot this year and I have learned to pray outloud to God. Sometimes I even yell at satan. I'm sure I would sound dumb to someone listening in, but it always does the trick :) If that doesn't work, you know the Word has lots of great stuff to make you release that fear!