Tuesday, May 30, 2006

New Perspectives...

Sometimes something happens in life that completely changes your perspective...this weekend was one of those times.

As some of you already know, I headed to the beach on Saturday for the first time this year. And me, with all my wisdom, decided to forgoe putting on sunscreen for the first hour or so in hopes of getting some color to go home with. I ended up coming home with the color red. Lots and lots of red. (Don't worry, pictures to come later...) My normal body temperature of "cold" was vastily different. I sat through church fanning myself, radiating heat to those people sitting around me. By last evening some of the red had gone down, but the swelling hadn't really (apparently bad sunburns cause me to swell, ug!). Then this morning comes...
I wake up and take a shower, but as I was solarcaine-ing and lotion-ing myself up, I glanced in the mirror and almost cried. The swelling was going down in my face - only, it wasn't all going down at the same rate or dispersing evenly over my face. The bridge of my nose and the area around the insides of my eyes was still swollen. Everything else was not. My face just doesnt look the same and I hate it. No amount of eye makeup tricks could solve the issue. Every time I look in the mirror I dont see me.

There have been many times in the past where I have thought it would be nice to have another face or body, but what I came to realize this morning was that I like my face. I like me. I want to look like ME. Crazy how a sunburn can change a person's perspectives on life...

1 comment:

Sarah B said...

ouchie!!! poor jeanna thats no fun sweetie! i like my jeannas face too!! i miss looking at it. i havent seen u in forever and ever. i hope to be around thursday if im not at church ill be around afterwards im not sure what target has planned for me yet. ill find out either tonigt or tomorrow! i lve ya beautiful girl!!!