Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! You know the drill. Highlight, copy, and paste (not forward or reply) and change my answers to your answers, AND POST INTO A NEW BULLETIN!!! Enjoy!! Everyone has time for a few moments of fun! Don't be a scrooge!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Dark Chocolate Hot Chocolate with the occasional glass of eggnog

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He wraps most of them but leaves one thing unwrapped with my name card on it

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White - our tree has so many different colors from ornaments that the white looks nicer

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope, used to when I was a kid

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Normally the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year hopefully tonight and tomorrow night (I just couldnt get motivated when it was 60 degrees outside!)

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Spinach Dip in Hawaiian bread

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
My sister and I staying up late making Christmas cards for our parents by flashlight on a little table in my room, OR My sister and I getting up early and just sitting and looking at the tree all lit up waiting until we could get my parents up

8. When did you learn the truth there was no Santa?
I saw a present in my mom's closet and then on Christmas it said it was from Santa. (I also set out to figure it out by setting out a ton of Christmas cookies, more than I knew my parents could ever eat, and then counting how many were left in the container in case any of them would reappear there)

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
When I was a kid we had Christmas with my Grandma and Grandpa Miller on Christmas Eve, but we open all gifts on Christmas now.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
With white lights and all the ornaments we have collected over the years. I love unwrapping them and remembering some I have forgotten about...

11. Snow..Love it or Dread it?
Love it right now! Its so beautiful! Will probably dread it come January or February

12. Can you ice skate?
Nope

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My cabbage patch kid doll

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Pecan Pie or our homemade cookies!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Waking up and opening gifts in pjs

17. What tops your tree?
An angel we have had since we were little

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
I love finding the perfect gift and seeing someone's face as the open it - its the best!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Winter Wonderland - my dad used to sing it to us as kids on the first snow. Now either he calls, or I call him, and he still sings to me :)

20. Candy Canes..yuck or yummy?
Yummy for a few minutes

21. Fave Christmas Movie?
Original Grinch

No comments: