Friday, December 08, 2006

Whacked Upside the Head

Sometimes when you pray for an answer or guidance, God surprises you by smacking you upside the head with the answer. I take this as his way of making sure he is coming across loud and clear - especially when I should already know the answer.
This happened on a whole new level for me on Tuesday.
Tuesday was a bad day at work. It was a horrible morning. Things started falling apart and I was feeling hopeless.
So as I was washing my hands in the bathroom I started talking to God. I just told him I knew I needed to have faith in him, but that I couldnt right then and he needed to help me. Then I headed back to my desk. A few minutes later I was messing around online, and checked my email. I am subsribed to the Mutts comic strip that gets emailed to me every day. Granted they are about two weeks behind before they get emailed, but I still love to read them everyday. I opened up the comic for Tuesday...talk about a whap upside the head...



I literally stopped and just stared at the computer screen. This was a completely different Mutts comic than EVER before and here it was practically yelling at me that I need to be thankful in all circumstances. Then God proceeded to do something that completely amazed me at that time....He blessed me.
I had just finished filling out a Christmas Survey, filling in my favorite all time Christmas song as Winter Wonderland. Now I know this is a random song to choose, but it means more to me than any other song. When my sister and I were little my dad would awake us the first morning it snowed by singing Winter Wonderland. I loved it. I always looked forward to the first snow because I knew he would be singing. Then as I got older, and my parents got divorced, he would always call on the first snow and sing. Even now, with him in Florida, if he sees its snowing online, he calls. Or I will call him and he will sing. It always makes me smile and giggle when he sings to me. Well, after I had filled out this survey, I hopped on myspace and checked out Stephanies profile. Only to hear my favorite song playing. It was exactly what I needed to hear. Ironically, two days later, the song was deleted from the artists myspace. It was there when I needed it, and then it was gone.
Then yesterday, when my day before's Mutts comic came into my inbox...look at what I saw...



And then this morning look at yesterday's and today's comics...




Obviously God got his point across. Quite vividly...


1 comment:

Laura said...

Well, I guess He got His point across! That's awesome! Love you!!!