Sunday, March 25, 2007

The end and the journey

Have you ever asked God for a "sign"? A glimmer of the future? A "flashing neon sign"?

I used to think that if I just knew the "end" that the journey would somehow be easier. God totally proved me wrong. Recently I have heard God's voice on a few major issues in my life. For once I know what my future includes. He just wants me to be patient and obedient in the process. Sounds easy right? I mean, I know the end, so all should be hunky dory...

Not true. Not true at all.

The saying that it is not the end that is important, but the journey, has never been so glaringly true for me. You may see the flashing neon sign, but there is still a path to get there. And that path may not always be easy, or smooth going, or even logical, but the path needs to be traveled for a reason.

I have learned more about myself on this path than I ever have before. I look back on who I was last year and I see radical differences. My thought processes, my spiritual life, my relationships, and the healings that have come.

Beware of praying for a flashing neon sign...sometimes...you may just get one...

No comments: