Thursday, March 15, 2007

Starbucks and Old Friends...

Two things for today - neither of them having anything to do with the other...




I got free Starbucks today! They were having a special for two hours this morning - free coffee! You know I am tired and not feeling too hot when I have had two cups of coffee this morning and am still tired...






Yesterday would have been one of my friends birthday. He died almost 6 years ago. This year though it was different - I was okay. I wasn't sad all day. I still miss him at times, but this year I just though of him and smiled. It's nice to finally be at this place where I can celebrate the life he had, what an amazing guy he was, and remind myself of who it is that I want to become.


For those of you who knew Bob, you know what kind of a guy he was - and I am sure, just like me, you think of him and smile. If you didn't know Bob, I can't hardly describe in words how awesome he was - hilarious, fun loving, genuine, kind, completely random, and totally accepting all wrapped into one. He was one of a kind. Since I don't have a picture of him on my computer, here is a picture of one of his favorite things - Bob the Tomato. Same name. Same heart. "Hi, I'm Bob the tomato and I'm here to help you"








No comments: