Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I did it...

...I went to the doctor.

I have been fighting a sinus infection since before the new year. I had pretty much been over it and feeling close to a hundred percent, when two days ago my sis came down with it, thus once again flaming the fire of mine. It came back. With a vengence. It got to the point last night during the night that it hurt to swallow. I finally hit my breaking point. I was in too much pain to avoid it any longer, and I haven't been able to put in a good workout in two weeks because of lack of energy. (I have been prone to taking evening naps lately! Not normal for a 26 year old!!!) So I did it. I went to the doctor. I couldn't fight this one on my own. Turns out this time last year the same thing happened.

Apparently January is my month to get "the crud"

Funny how somehow this battle of wills aligns with my spiritual life as well. How often does God need to slap me completely upside the head for me to give up control and let him heal me. Why I fight it, I dont know...

No comments: