Saturday, January 27, 2007

Lost

Around New Years I lost my watch. I had no idea where to even begin to look for it. I was "living" out of three places for four days and it came up missing during that time - talk about trying to find a needle in a haystack. While I have been able to function without it, there was a definite "lack" in my day to day activities. Then yesterday while cleaning out my room I opened a bag and right there before my eyes was my watch. The excitement that began running through my body was insane - I wanted to shout, jump, yell and cheer and tell anyone nearby that I had FINALLY found my watch. (Sadly, I am not exagerating...) This morning though as I was up way too early and not quite awake, my mind amazingly began to turn and process the intensity of finding my lost watch...

If I felt that kind of excitement over finding a lost watch from Target, I can't even fathom the intensity of God's excitement when a "lost" child makes his or her way back to Him. I am not a parent yet, but the idea of losing a child and waiting, hoping they will find their way back home, hurts my heart. How often do we hurt God as he is just waiting for us to make our way to him? And how excited must God be when we are no longer lost, but found.

It's hard for me to even comprehend how God can love me THAT much - that when I find him time and time again after being lost, He wants to jump and shout and yell and cheer with pure joy! Wow. Talk about a love that is practically inconceivable...

No comments: