Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Questions

Those of you who read my blog regularly, or semi-regularly, have probably figured out by now that I am questioner. I always have questions I'm contemplating, mulling over, or just down right ignoring going through my head.

Lately it has been no different.

I used to be afraid to question. Growing up I didnt go to a church that encouraged questioning. Don't get me wrong, they didn't discourage it, it just wasn't something talked about. Living in the questions (as Stephen always calls it) is a fairly new concept for me, and sometimes its still hard to not know all the answers...


These are just some of the questions God and I have been dealing with in conversation lately...

On to the things I am mulling over...

~ Christ is supposed to be the center of our lives, of our everyday activities, of our personal life, of our thoughts, or our relationships, of everything. What does that really look like? How do I get to that place? Does everyone struggle daily to keep the focus on God first?
~ How do you trust again? How do you not only heal from the past pain, but not allow those past hurts to ruin your future?
~ Does everyone have as many fears as I do to deal with daily? Does the number ever lessen, or do more and more opportunities come that need to be grabbed hold of head on?
~ The Bible can be broken down to show meaning by specific words used in specific scripture, how do we know that is truly what God meant, if it has been translated by humans? Do we just trust?
~ Am I making an impact for Christ?
~ How do you begin to have one of the most difficult conversations in your life, with someone you love deeply, knowing full well that this person may despise you? Yet knowing that God is calling you to have this conversation?
~ What does a Christ-centered relationship look like on a day to day basis?
~ What in my life is not honoring God right now? And what do I need to do to change it?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow, those are some really great/tough questions! Keep praying, and processing through them! Love you beautiful friend!