Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hard to Admit

I have been slacking lately.

More than I care to admit.

Slacking in things that I know I need.

Slacking in the most important area of my life.


My spiritual life.


I haven't sat down and actually studied my Bible on my own in a long time. Thankfully God has still been speaking to me and getting his point across even though I don't deserve it.
I have been trying to work out a new way to make this a priority in my life - somewhere along the way it tapered off and I convinced myself that reading amazing books challenging my own faith was enough.

This has been weighing on my heart alot, and it really hit today when someone who's walk with God I admire and respect was telling me he just read Titus. I couldn't tell you the last time I finished a whole book of the Bible. Only that last week I read one chapter of James, this morning I read a few passages to answer a reference question I had and the few verses I looked up a few days ago to see what a bible verse included in a book said in a different version.

How does this happen so easily?

Without me even realizing or caring enough to do anything about it.

Something has got to give.

Now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is very easy to slack off. I hate when I find myself after a week without picking mine up. It feels so yucky! I know you will get back on track, you are a strong woman :)