Saturday, January 28, 2006

Black and White

Just now I was reading Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. I love this book because many of the things I have read have changed my life and my way of thinking. While I know this will occur, it still completely blows me away when right there in black and white is my life. My life, my thoughts right in front of me...

I am reading the chapter about church and how he loves the fact that his church is authentic - how it is such a huge value there - when I came to the part that is Jeanna's thoughts in black and white:

"I love this because by being true I am allowing people to get to know the real me, and it feels better to have people love the real me than the me I invented."

Everytime I think of my group of friends I am reminded of how lucky I am - I can be me, the real me, and have everyone love me for exactly who I am (crazy as I may be sometimes) - and a lot of people don't seem to be able to say that...

3 comments:

Jen said...

I miss you!
Woohoo for a free internet connection.
Left a random blog post. Check it out if you have time :-)
ok.. back out into the rain. Have a GREAT week if I don't get a chance to get back on here!!

QueenB said...

Hehe I LOVE the real Jeanna ....fo sho!

Anonymous said...

It's all about going deep! Love you!