Thursday, January 26, 2006

Coffee is my friend

I realized that this week I have consumed more coffee in four days than I ever did in college - including finals week...

Most of you know that my boss has been dealing with some health issue, thus leaving me with a larger workload than before as well as much more responsibility. My life has turned upside down and backwards 39 hours a week and it seems that I have turned to coffee to help it to right itself. Has yet to help.

The crazy thing about the insanity of my life is that when something comes up that needs done, I do it, I don't even think twice about it and I do what I have to do...its just the down times that I have trouble downshifting. Take today for example. When my boss needed something I took control, took care of it, did what had to be done. Then she gave me a project she needs done as soon as I can in order for the library to not get into some major trouble with the state. No problem, I can do that, its not complicated. Only then I get a call - they need me at the other library because someone is sick - I only need to be there for backup and can work on the original project there, so, of course, I jump in to help out - only when I go to take my lunch break, I can't downshift and relax. All I keep thinking about is this project - it was overtaking my mind! So, I decided to blog to get myself to relax some - and to wear off some of the coffee (and the sugar that goes along with the coffee) I need some downtime in my life - I need a vacation - I need a break - I need a day off! Although I have tomorrow off to work on Saturday, I know that I will get wrapped up in things that need done and not chill again! I need the summer to come so I can get in some beach time where I have no cares in the world - except maybe running from getting dunked, but I can deal with that...

So this blog probably makes NO sense whatsoever, but I really don't care - I feel a lil better now...

4 comments:

Stephen Hinkel said...

Rock!! ... Need some Starbucks right now!

Jen said...

that... was an amazing VENT if I ever heard one! ;-)

Anonymous said...

OK, don't listen to Stephen....Starbucks, although I'm sure it's delicious, does not make the world go around. Give your heart a break from all that caffeine!! Breathe....in through your nose, out through your mouth.....:) You won't believe how many times a day I have to force myself to slow down and relax!! I love you hon, and I'm so proud of everything you're doing. Make sure to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!! There, that's the closest I'll ever get to a mom moment....Love you!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Well I must say...I do like the coffee, however no Starbucks its burnt...Anyway, I hope you are feeling better and getting some time to relax. Love you!