Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ups and Downs...

Yesterday was quite the roller coaster day of emotions. For some reason I wasn't thinking straight at work and managed to make a mistake. A big one. Looking back it wasn't quite as bad as it I orginally thought, and it has worked out okay since, but I was devastated. I was on the verge of tears and felt horrible. I kept apologizing to my boss - and when she would say I trust you, all I could say was "why?" I was definitely more upset about it than she was - but when I left work so many things had gone wrong that day - including getting to my car and my seat being wet from leaking rain, ug!

I went on my way to dinner with the girls - sitting on a hoodie as to keep my tush dry - knowing that an evening with the girls was just what I needed to lift my spirits...

Boy was I right!

Midway through dinner I missed a phone call from a strange number. When I checked my voicemail it was one of my great friends Amber, letting me know that she was at Memorial and Miss Hailey was ready to come out and play - 3 weeks early! I was so excited I'm sure everyone at the restaurant knew something was going on! I called her back and chatted for a few minutes before she had a contraction and had to hand the phone over to her husband. They said even if the contractions stopped, they would induce her and Hailey would be here by tomorrow (today!) night.

It's amazing how I could go from the depths of self-pity and borderline despair, to one of the happiest feelings in the world! Talk about a whirlwind of a day...

So, now I am sitting here, not so patiently, waiting for the call that Hailey is here. I finally broke down and called the hospital, rather than her room in case she was having her right then, who transfered me 4 times until they connected me to their room - craziness! But I got to talk to Jarrod who let me know that Amber was able to get some sleep during the night, and then this morning her contractions had stopped so they induced her. He said Hailey should be here soon - within a few hours!

Here I sit - having trouble focusing - thinking about meeting Hailey for the first time *sigh*

Stay tuned - pictures and details to follow - imagine that :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you're a little excited right now...I'm pretty sure I'm right! Haha!