Monday, January 16, 2006

Thoughts...

Some days I never know where God may show up and speak to me.

Today it has been all over - almost everywhere I turn today, God is talking to me - and I must admit, it's great. Some days I think God chooses to be silent. This is not one of those days.


I have been struggling lately with my job - wondering if I should stick out where I am even though the pay isn't nearly what I deserve and the rewards are few. I love my job. I love (most) of the people I work with. I am good at what I do. The irony of my situation is that everytime I begin to look search for another job, something happens where it would be impossible for me to leave. This happened again last week. Earlier today I was talking about it with a lady I work with - and I realized this very well could be God letting me know this is where I belong at this place in my life. Sure it's not where I planned to be 7 1/2 years ago when I first started working here - but He has shown me the people around me who need me. I have never been good at talking about my faith with people who aren't Christians - I'm always afraid I may offend someone. Everyone around me knows I am a Christian, that I go to church and how important it is to me. I talk about my church and my friends practically constantly, but I never open up my heart to them about my passion for Christ. During the conversation this morning, my passion started to show - we talked about the situation and how possibly this is where God wants me to be right now. I can't explain what changed, but something did. We talked about God and faith and it was amazing! I suddenly have this peace that this is where I am supposed to be now.

Then I read Melissa's blog on my break - and there at the bottom was a verse from Hebrews. The same verse that has been popping up all over my life for the last two months. I have never seen one verse show up so many times in such a short period of time. Ironically it reminded me of my job and once again reinforced that this is where I belong for now. How long, I don't know, but for now, I am where I need to be.


And of course, God was still not done - in surfing around Jen's blog I found a link to a website for Christian singles and wow, the first article I went to hit home on something some of us have been talking about lately, Christians and dating. While a few of the points in the article I am questioning, the main points are worth looking at and pondering over. So for those of you who are interested in stretching your thinking, here's a link for ya.

Then there is relevantmagazine.com - one of my favorite websites that never ceases to play with my mind - its great! And surprise surprise, there was an article there that had to do with another conversation a friend and I have had recently. Crazy I know! But flipping cool at the same time. Here's the link for this one - Learning How To Love Myself

Like Stephen always says, Live in the Questions...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you. I love you bunches & bunches!