Wednesday, January 04, 2006

My Life...

Since I haven't blogged much lately, I figured I was due for some catch up time...so this blog may end up being completely random (hard to imagine I know) and possibly lengthy...so I apologize now.

Where to start...

This weekend - It has been a long time since I have had an awesome New Year's! It all started out with an awesome church service and running into an old friend - A former nevaeH guy, Ryan, who moved to California last year always comes back to visit his family around the holidays and attends GCC when he's back. I saw him from a distance while Melissa and I were heading to the water fountain and ladies room and then when we got back to our seats, who is sitting in the seat right next to my saved spot...if you said Ryan then you are correct! In an auditorium that seats high hundreds of people, he happened to sit next to me! It was great to see him again and to chat for a few minutes!

Then it was off to Laura's for a flippin awesome night! The only way it would have been better would be if my stomach hadn't started hurting soon after midnight - so I missed out on a lot of the dancing :( After only a few hours of sporadic sleep, we all got up, played some cards and chilled and some of us headed back to church to take in another service. (What can I say, it was a good one!) Then home to get some MUCH needed sleep! Then back to Laura's for some hang out time. I must admit at first I was hesitant to do anything, but I am soooo glad I went because Melissa and I had some awesome heart to heart time.

Monday was an emotional mess of a day - if you really want the details, let me know and we can chat...

Tuesday - wow, Tuesday morning was rough...Jon left for California - it was a hard day what can I say...between work being insanely busy and a lot of praying throughout the day, it got better! And ended with a jaunt to the movie theater to see Cheaper by the Dozen 2 - not as good as the original, kinda slow to start, but hilarious by the end!

And today - only one thing sticks out today that I must share .....

I had a new experience this morning in the computer lab. I had a patron fall asleep with his face flat down on the desk in front of the monitor - and he started snoring! Quietly but snoring!! Now he is a sweet, older guy and so I didnt want to scare him awake, so I gently tried waking him up. That DID NOT work! So, I said his name and shook him harder. Then he woke up. Not 15 minutes later, I look over, and he's sleeping again! And starts to snore again! So I had to walk over, and this time I had to really really shake him to get him to wake up! Man the stories of working with the public...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Just wanted to say hi really quick and let you know that I miss you all. Sorry I had to miss out on all the fun, but I am having an amazing time down here in Nashville at the Passion conference. Ok.. limited computer time. Just wondering if you were going to be there on saturday for the Food Drop? I hope to be! If so, I will see you there!!