Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Coffee Incident

I am not a morning person. Especially on Saturdays.

I am a night person. I tend to stay up later than I should. Especially on Fridays.

Hence the non-Saturday morning person.

If I dont have plans or have to work, I rarely see a Saturday morning unless its a continuation of Friday.

This morning proved my point.



I headed to the local Starbucks on my way in to work. Surprise Surprise I ran into Jess there on her way in to our work as well. I had already gotten my coffee and as we were waiting for hers, she asked if ND was playing today. I opened my sweatshirt to show my ND shirt off, and somehow (she remembers better than I) smacked my coffee with my hand and spilled my entire Grande Maple Machiato all over the Starbucks counter. Jess and I laughed, and I said this is why I shouldnt work Saturday mornings. I went back to the cashier to by another and this amazing woman says to me "He's already making you another and I'm not charging you" I thanked her profusely and stepped aside to wait for my 2nd coffee of the morning. When it was done the guy sits it down and says "Now don't spill this one" (No worries, he said it with a smile)

You have no idea how dumb I felt - I would have carried more only I was too tired for it to truly register in my brain...

The upside to all this - they made me a Venti instead to replace my grande...how awesome is that!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh man, I would have loved to have been there to watch it! I guess it turned out all good though! Well hopefully the rest of your day went well. Love and miss you!!!