Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Little Things

I have always been one to appreciate the little things in life...only sometime in the past year I have lost that - and have been working on getting it back since...

I have recently decided to slow down and appreciate all that is going on around me. My pace of life had interfered with my ability to see the little things for their worth. I was becoming a very negative person at times and I missed the old me. And I reached deep inside of me, reached out to God, and found the me that finds happiness in the smallest of things. Just 10 short minutes ago :)


As I was walking on my lunch break I decided to just walk - not talk on my phone, not listen to music, but walk. In the quiet of day. Just me and God. And as I was chatting with God I looked in front of me and stood in awe of what I saw. Beauty. Pure beauty, uninterupted by man. The sun was streaming through the trees, the wind was breezing ever so lightly through the branches, and leaves were gracefully falling to the ground little by little. And it took my breath away.


Thank you Lord for blessing me today with the beauty of your creation...you rock!

No comments: