Friday, November 17, 2006

Who I am - on the road to who I am becoming...

Do you ever just stop for a minute and think about who you are, and who you are becoming?

I often think about the person I want to become and try to continue taking steps in that direction. But I don't often stop and look back at the road I have traveled. I forget to pay attention to how far I have come.

Last night was an amazing night at church. As I was driving to, as well as during the beginning of the service, I found myself thinking about everything else I could be doing right then. (Not an easy thing to admit...) I knew this was the wrong mindset to be in so I stopped thinking and chatted with God for a few seconds. I needed to focus and I knew it could only come from him at this point...and He came through...

Last night God finally got through to me - it was something he has been trying to teach me and show me from the very beginning only I never truly understood it. I do now. And I have been prone to getting teary-eyed ever since. Tears of pure joy. Tears of overwhelming humility. Tears of thanks to a Father who never ceases to amaze me with his love. I finally get it.

And then later last evening something else suddenly hit me. I am not the person I was a year ago. My mind set, my thinking, my capacity to love, my relationship with Christ, so many things have changed and I have been so focused on the road ahead of me, I forgot to stop and take time and see how far I have come.

Life is a journey. Some moments are hard, some are easy. Some are painful, some are pure bliss.


You Never Let Go
By Matt Redman

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare A
nd there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth

Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You,
still I will praise You

No comments: