Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Priorities

God is a funny guy.

No seriously, he is. Sometimes I just have to stop and laugh when I look at what he has thrown my way.

This last weekend a few of us went roadtripping. We got on our way Thursday evening and we were all kind of "rushed" and impatient about wanting to get to Kansas City to visit our friends. Then the deer incident happened. If you haven't already heard this story, click here for the looong version)

Suddenly our trip was at a stand still - we stayed in a hotel and had no option but to lounge around for a few hours while we waited for the truck to get fixed. And honestly, looking back, I see God all over the situation.

I have two speeds I am most comfortable with in my life. Fast and faster. While I do take my time doing some things, and I take time to be lazy occasionally, normally I pack my schedule so full that I leave out Me-time, God-time and reflection-time. All three of which I need to, well, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally survive. My few lazy times are because I physically can't keep up anymore either. I constantly struggle to say "no".

This trip just followed along with my normal pace of life.

But for those 4 or so hours we lounged around in the hotel, I had no choice but to slow down. For the first time in a while I took my time getting ready in the morning. I wasn't rushing around - it was nice. Even though nothing exceptionally exciting happened during those 4 hours, and I can't put my finger on when exactly something changed inside of me, those four hours changed me.

And here I sit still trying to process my thoughts.

And figure out what to do next.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Who knew that such a crazy trip would bring something like this to your mind/heart. Keep processing, and remember it's okay to say no, and hang out just you and God. Love you!

Lanette Rajski said...

Thanks for trying to help me with my blog - I deleted the pic but my side bar is still way down at the bottom and is driving me CRAZY - any other ideas?

Amazing what 4 hours of slowing down and being aware and present can do for you. Don't forget to keep looking at that to uncover more of what God is trying to give you.