Sunday, November 25, 2007

Irony

Tonight I met up with a friend for some great conversation at one of the many local Starbucks. On the ride home this song came on and it suddenly reminded me of a topic we covered. A topic I think all women have struggled with at some point in time or another.

Beautiful
by Bethany Dillon

I was so unique
Now I feel skin deep
Count on the make-up to cover it all.
Crying myself to sleep ‘cause I can not keep their attention
Thought I could be strong, but it’s killing me.

Does someone hear my cry?
I’m dying for new life.

I wanna be beautiful,
Make you stand in awe.
Look inside my heart.
Be amazed.
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
I just wanna be worthy of love

And Beautiful

Sometimes I wish I was someone
Other than me
Fighting to make the mirror happy
Trying to find whatever is missing
Won’t you help me back to glory?

You make me beautiful
You make me stand in awe
You step inside my heart
And I am amazed
I love to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
You make me worthy of love
Beautiful
You make me worthy of love
Beautiful
Beautiful

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my absolute favorite songs. The lyrics are soooo true. Seriously...gets me every time I hear it!