Thursday, November 20, 2008

Glimpses of God

It's all too easy to forget that God doesn't always show up in "big" ways - most of the time he shows up in little glimpses through the people around me. On my drive home tonight I started to think of the glimpses of God I've seen in the past week - and then sat in awe of how many I could list...

  • A random phone call from a friend.
  • A voicemail from a friend who said exactly what I needed to hear, even though she didn't even realize why she was making the call.
  • A childhood tradition I hold dear to my heart continuing for another year.
  • A surprise visit at work from someone who I hadn't seen in almost a year.
  • A bottle of my favorite creamer left on my desk with a post-it note of kind words.
  • A child cuddling up against you.
  • Finding my car cleaned off, by someone who knows how much I dislike that part of winter.
  • The pure joy of a child.
  • Words of guidance, speaking directly into your life in a room full of people.
  • A song with the exact words I needed to hear, but didn't want to
  • Three friends not answering your call when I needed to talk, forcing me to have a conversation with God instead
  • A topic of a simple conversation, convicting me.
  • Realizing a friend gets where you are coming from, having been there themselves.
  • Discovering my fears are not just mine, but shared with others as well.

3 comments:

Laura said...

love you!...'nough said!

Lori Casto said...

great post my friend!!!

Buddhist, RN said...

OK, I don't actually know you, but I found this randomly and I just want tyo tell you I like reading it. It's uplifting. I find a lot of Christian bloggers intimidate me because they're so pushy or it's just overwhelming. You are just joyful. Thanks for that!

Emily

mtheteacher.blogspot.com