Friday, May 25, 2007

Changes

I can't believe how long its been since I have last blogged! And there have been some changes going on in my life...

We'll start with the little ones first...I recently joined Anytime Fitness. On my first day working out I decided to weigh in (as much as I loathed doing it!) so I would know where I was starting from. And for once I was pleasantly surprised. Excited even. Possibly even ecstatic. I had lost 7 lbs! People had started mentioning that I looked like I had been losing weight, but honestly, I didnt believe them. Yea I had drastically changed my eating habits, and I was getting outside and walking more, but I honestly didn't think that would have had any influence. Apparently I was wrong. So I have been working out regularly for two weeks now and I love it! So far I have stuck to cardio but hopefully soon I'll get up the courage to move to the other side of the gym and start building up some muscle.

God's been doing some work in my life - some struggles, some strengths, much learning. But thats a whole 'nother blog :) No worries though, Jeanna is happy through it all!

And now on to the BIG change in the life of Jeanna. Are you sitting down? I am no longer a full time employee of the library. For those of you who have known me for a while, you are quite aware that I have worked at the library for nine years. Yep, you read that right, nine years. A few months ago though I started feeling the pull that it was time for a new job. After much prayer and patience, I started looking. And multiple interviews later, I was hired as the Web Services Coordinator for GCC. While I am still learning the job, I already love it. I'm so excited for when I get to really dig in and fly with my new knowledge :) But with every good thing comes a few cons. Many of my old co-workers were my "other" family. We've been through the good and the bad together and it is hard to feel so disconnected. Thankfully I am completely addicted to the library and will be visiting often. I know though that right now, THIS is where God wants me to be. This is where I need to be. And I'm hoping my number of newly found gray hairs will begin to decrease :)

No comments: