Friday, May 30, 2008

Why I Love Twitter

After the drama that was my return trip home from Dallas, I got to the South Bend Airport Friday morning only to discover my luggage had yet to make it there (even though it was 12 hours after it was supposed to have arrived there.) I insisted the person behind the desk give me a phone number to call to check in to see if my luggage had arrived. The following occured that afternoon...

  • 1:24 p.m. - Phone call to airport. Confirm luggage has arrived. Decline delivery, no longer trust the airline to deliver.
  • 1:26 p.m. - Update Twitter status "My luggage has finally been accounted for!! WOOHOO!"
  • 1:30 p.m. - Cell phone rings.
  • Jami - "Hey, where are you?"
  • Me - "I'm at work, why?"
  • Jami - "Kem just saw your twitter update and we were wondering if you were at the airport. Our flight just got in."
  • Me - laughing
  • Jami - "Do you want us to try to get your luggage?"
  • Me - "Sure, if they'll let you." Give her the name of the carrier.
  • 1:33 p.m. - Jami calls back. "They gave it to me. They only asked your name. Kem will bring it by work on her way home."

Twitter time - 3 seconds
Worth - 30+ minutes and the price of gas

No comments: