Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Glorious Phone Call

Today was a cleaning day. Things needed to be done and I decided that today would be the day I would self-impose it.

About two hours into my cleaning mode my phone rings. I answer to my amazing co-worker and friend telling me I must get to Old Navy. Now. There is a huge sale with amazing prices. Two problems I see. One - I'm cleaning. I put it on myself, I made the commitment, I must follow through. Two - I haven't showered yet. It's cleaning day. I'm not about to leave this house looking as I do.

I decided my only option was to be good and continue cleaning - possibly swinging by Old Navy later before church. Only then I called one of my friends to share the wonderful knowledge of a sale. I expected to fill her in on the excitement and continue on my cleaning way. It was her reaction I was not prepared for. "Well, I'm at (cross section of streets close to my house) soooo...if you want to meet me there..."

Now I'm tempted. And my sale-minded brain starts spinning and processing. "If I wait a few hours, there isn't going to be as much to choose from. And I was just thinking I needed some more hoodies or clothes to layer..."

So what do I do?

I throw on some jeans and a hat (no worries, I already had on other clothes...just didn't want to venture into Old Navy in pajama pants), brush my teeth add some shoes and I'm out the door in less than two minutes.

And I have no regrets! That hour at Old Navy was GLORIOUS! I have never found such amazing deals! An extra 50% off of items already marked down 50%! And not just odd sized stuff - all sizes and styles and colors!

$38 dollars later I walk out of Old Navy with two bags of clothes worth $162. So what does that look like you may ask...it looks like one heavy cute pull-over hoodie, one fuzzy-on-the-inside warm-on-the-outside button down vest, one trendy cute soft hoodie, one adorable scarf to go with the vest, one new pair of slippers to replace the ones just recently put out of commission, one adorable sweatshirt coat for my baby niece, one GRRRRR! cute shirt for my nephew and two pairs of little bittie baby pants for a friend who is always on the lookout for daycare clothes.

Or, if you're more of a visual person, it looks like this:



Oh, and by the way...BONUS - as I was finishing up shopping, knowing I really needed some clothes but wondering if I should when I still have a week til payday, I get a phone call I believe was sent from heaven - directly from God to bless this woman in Northern Indiana, asking me if I was free to babysit tonight. And the angels sang...

Note to those budget conscience people - I was good and put many things back. Although the temptation is still there to return...

3 comments:

Lori Casto said...

and a fun day it was! i can't wait to see you sporting your new dudes in the office :)

Lori Casto said...

oops im mean duds not dudes that would be a bad thing!!!!

Mega said...

LOL @ Lori. I am always a fan of unintentional humor.

That is a lot of clothes to buy at once. After a shirt and jeans I'm ready to get out of the store. I really just can't shop by myself, usually I get one of my friends to be an assistant. They are usually happy to do so (but do they always have to make me try everything on? Blech).