Monday, October 09, 2006

Cold Rooms and Warm Beds

Well it has officially happened.

I got out of bed late because I couldn't bear to leave my warm bed for the cold "outside" air of my bedroom awaiting me. This time of year until Spring is always the hardest to pay attention to my alarm and get moving at a decent time. Of course this year is harder - Indiana changed over to Daylight Savings Time, which I have heard good things about from people who live in other states, the only problem is that Indiana is on the Eastern time zone - and it is dark until a crazy time in the morning for it being only October.

Right there are two strikes against me in the quest to be up by 630 in the AM. While I am trying to delude myself into believing that if I just went to bed earlier it wouldn't be so hard to get up in the morning, ultimately I think it comes down to a battle of staying warm curled up in bed, or facing the morning to a rude, dark, cold awakening.

Hmmm...what I would give to be able to just stay in bed...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh, I completely understand! I hate getting out of my warm bed...but fall, is one of my favorite seasons! Well, hopefully you don't have to fight your alarm clock too much! But hey, if you do, then you'll get some big muscles! Haha! Love you!