Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My heart hurts...

Last night a church in Mishawaka was struck by lightning...and from what I have heard there is not much left.

My friend is a fireman and got called in last evening to help fight the fire - it didnt sound good. While I am so extremely grateful no one was injured or killed, my heart aches for the people of the church. I can't imagine what it would feel like to stand there and watch your church, a place that becomes like another home, go up in flames.

One of my old friends from college and her family have been members there for as long as I can remember - and my heart hurts for her and for them. I saw her face on the news and I just wanted to be there and let her know I was thinking about her, praying for her and loving her even though we haven't spoken in ages.

Please pray for these people who have suffered a loss that most of us could never fully understand...

No comments: