Friday, October 13, 2006

WHOA moments...

Do you ever have those WHOA moments where you can't help but stop and say (guess what I'm gonna say...) WHOA?

Last night I think I heard one of the most impactful messages ever given by Dr. Bob. While it probably didnt effect others as much as it did me, in my eyes it was life changing. It became glaringly apparent to me while I was worshipping that the words I was singing I did not mean. And to be honest, that scared the bageebas outta me. I had to stop singing because I felt like a hypocrite. I would have left but I was sitting in the middle of a row. As I stood there I started evaluating my life and how I want to live. How I wanted those words in the song to be desperately true. And God let me know how to do it...I had to leave service quickly and quietly, turn off my phone, head home, go down to the basement and be with Him. No lights. No distractions. No veering away from what was most important. A part of me tried to fight him on it...arguing that I could keep my phone on silent, or that I could spend time with my friends and then spend time with God. But I knew better. I had been there before. Where the burning desire died out by the world around me. And there was no one to blame but myself.

So I God and I had one of the longest conversations we had in a long time. I cried. And honestly, I feel like God did too. By the end, it was tears of joy.

Then I knew I had to do something to keep myself on track. I now have a to-do list everyday. That I am not allowed to go to bed until I have accomplished. I have a list of questions I want to ask myself every morning and every night, so I won't forget who I want to become. And I started reading my Bible again. I picked it up, opened to Romans, and man, if you own The Message version, I highly recommend reading Romans. There is some amazing stuff in there!

Anyway...the real WHOA part...I just going through the blogs I read and came across a post from Corey Mann that has some of the same questions I have been asking myself. Head on over to his blog and read this awesome blog...

Romans 8:5 ~ Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.

Ephesians 5:15-16 ~ Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.

No comments: